Sunday, November 27, 2005

Reflecting upon a visit

I tell you, its good/bad to be back. I had a fabulous time with my Beth at home, especially our date on Friday night! It was our first in a while, hopefully there will be many more in the future! Home was wonderful. It was warm and toasty. I ran shirtless! Of course the trails were beautiful. Very little parallels or exceeds running in a foot of leaves. The crunching silence cannot be topped for peacefullness. Sometimes I fail to see the beauty of my running domain but as I stood and stretched on top of the hill overlooking Steeplechase I couldnt help but think about how awe-inpsiring the view is from there. Reflecting upon my time spent there I am going to write a few words or respect and awe as a thanks to the beauty I witnessed.

Gray branches reach across the sky, struggling to fight the onset of winter without the wonderful colors of summer or fall. For miles, this is all my eyes can see, rising and sinking with the flow of the Tennessee Hills, itself its own unique form. Never flat, always up, or always down, the hills give the land a soothing sound, gently pulsating in its own rhythmic waves. It is here that I run.

Every step I take becomes part of the beautiful sound of these wonderful brown hills.
Every step I take adds my own personal sound.
Every step I take disturbs the simplistic peace of nature but adds to the peace of my own heart.
Every step I take is mine.


It's not very good writing, but I am finally getting back into it. It does a decent job, but a far from adequate job of conveying the beauty I see.

No comments: